DataBank is a leading provider of business solutions for data center, cloud, interconnectivity, and managed services. Our enterprise-class data centers, cloud, and interconnection services offer customers 100% uptime availability of data, applications, and infrastructure. Anchored in world-class facilities, our managed services are designed to help customers effectively manage risk, improve technology performance and allow them to focus on their core business objectives.
We are looking for a unique individual to fill our Technical Account Manager position. This role is very diverse, with the successful applicant being able to perform a variety of tasks that are both technical and social: helping to chart a client’s strategic use of Databank Services and Products.
The Technical Account Manager is a trusted business advisor to client providing valuable guidance and communication for all services Databank provides. The Technical Account Manager will provide quarterly reviews with each premier client as well as coordinate support tickets and incidents managing each through resolution. The Technical Account Manager will develop a relationship gaining an understanding of customers Business, IT organization, and the role Databank provides within their organization. Finally the Technical Account Manager will become a seamless extension of the clients staff and their spokesperson in the coordination of all Edge resources ensuring customers receive excellent customer services as well as effective solutions.
- Overall program management of clients initiatives
- Greater and more regular ongoing account and relationship oversight
- Deeper technical acumen, experience, oversight, and ability related to the specific or broader client IT needs
- Ensures that IT services are met promptly and within a prescribed budget and SLA
- Responsible for retention and growth of the existing client base through individual efforts and efforts of the account management team to deliver profitable quality service
- Manages client tickets and projects
- Oversee day-to-day IT/Network Management of Managed Services for client
- Ensure proper team has been organized, and delivery requirements clearly understood to resolve each client incident.
- Oversee, track, and report on health managed services the client has with Databank. Meet on a regular basis with client to discuss and review these reports
- Communicate and maintain status with client
- Understanding of support matrix, SLA’s, monitoring, alerting, etc.…
- Develop process and workflow for information transfer to support on how to best serve client including server notes, training…..
- Often drive action from all parties towards success
- Achieves trusted adviser work status with the account team and clients
- Builds strong client relationships
- Works with account teams to build relationships with business and IT executives, key decision makers, and technology influencers to translate their business issues into solutions that can be architected and implemented
- Proactively determines business requirements, understands critical success factors, internal capabilities, timelines, and current infrastructure to successfully position projects/programs
- Active participant and focused on account team planning sessions solutions for clients
- Facilitates onboarding process and transition to Managed Services
- Should have broad understanding of client's business, problems, and needs
- Broad understanding of IT and Databanks competencies
- Broad understanding of 3rd party offerings and how best to leverage them
- Work with all Databank teams (Sales, Support, Implementation, Billing, Provisioning)
- Solid understanding of client Infrastructure
- Solid understanding of client objectives and business requirements
- Maintain proactive technology solutions based on client business requirements
- Authority and ability to engage Databank staff to see clients’ needs are met and resolved
- Bring broader initiatives of projects or multiple projects to full fruition
- Ensure the most positive, high-value, full-service experience possible to the client
- Technical understanding of managed hosting solutions and current trends in the Hosting Marketplace
- Ability to understand the customer better than they do, anticipate future needs and help determine the ideal solution for issues
- Strong communication skill both verbal and written and able to effectively communicate technical information to a wide range of audiences.
- Ability to engage the proper resources within the company to resolve customer issues promptly and efficiently
- Energized by making customers happy and successful
- Technical Account Managers develop a long-term partnership with customers to ensure they remain successful and realize the full value of their Edge Hosting investment.
- Demonstrate the ability to remain calm and professional at all times and especially in escalated situations.
- A 4-year college degree, preferably with a technical focus; Computer Science, Math, or related background is highly desired.
- 5+ years of experience as a customer-facing services consultant in an infrastructure and/or data systems environment.
- Experience working with a cross-functional and geographically dispersed team and customer base.
- Ability to travel (domestically) up to 20% of the time
Benefits – Health, Dental, Vision, 401k and PTO.
Please include your salary requirements in your cover letter or resume. Applications without salary requirements may not be considered. Compensation will be dependent on candidate experience.